Friday, November 15, 2002

Hunter Thompson's ESPN Article: Don't Let This Happen to You (11.11.02)

Here's a bit:

There were some very weird football games on Sunday -- amazing comebacks, stunning failures and one stupefying tie in Atlanta that turned out to be my only win of the day. It was the ugliest thing I ever saw.... And, ye gods, I have another game coming up within hours, and I fear it. Perhaps the time has come to give up gambling.

What? No. That would be impossible. It would be like donating all my blood to a charity event. Without gambling, I would not exist.

Right. And so much for psycho-medical gibberish, eh? Let's get back to the real reason for my degrading streak of dumbness that has brought me so low.... It was hashish, a vile and dangerous resin that can be ruinous or even fatal if it ever gets mixed up with significant gambling decisions.

Indeed. I know this from profoundly negative experience. Even second-hand hashish smoke can tip your mental balance in painful ways.... This is what happened to me when I placed my Bets on Saturday. I was ripped on second-hand hashish smoke, and I made a fool of myself. I also lost so many greenback dollars that I was reduced to paying off with cardboard I.O.U.s before the game even started.


No comments:

Post a Comment