Thursday, February 13, 2003

Phish Resurfaces is an article appearing in the next issue of Rolling Stone.

Some highlights...

"We had these jam sessions," Anastasio says one night after practice, "where we drank hot chocolate with mushrooms and just played, trying to get in tune with each other, for eight hours."

• Fishman, who turns thirty-eight on February 19th, played most gigs during Phish's first two years flying on LSD. "I still play with the feeling I got from those experiences, trying to generate wind and water," he claims quite earnestly.

• "We sat there and smoked some pot, drank champagne and cried," Fishman says. "It really felt like the end." ... "I said, 'We're done,' " Fishman recalls. "Trey said, 'Yeah, we're not coming back.' I said, 'All right, I'll see ya later.' We got in our cars and went home."

• "A part of what killed Jerry Garcia," McConnell says, "was the bigness of what the Dead became. He couldn't stop touring. It's the antithesis of what I want to happen. I want to create a way for us to continue to be ourselves and make new music all the time.


Here's the title page for that article.

No comments:

Post a Comment