Thursday, April 24, 2003

I continued my weekly ritual of drinking at the Cedar Tavern and editing parts of my new novel. Today I started a little extra early drinking way before noon. Today was sort of special because of the Library of Congress notification for Charlie's Goldfish. So Senor joined me for a mini celebration of my new found immortality... and an afternoon beer was certainly called for. I like getting buzzed and walking around the city during mid day. I consider it a joyous epxression of my freedom and independence, another great perk of being a writer. In an unrealted note, I also found out that in 1800, on this date... the Library of Congress was formed. Just an odd coincidence pointed out to me by a friend. Anyhoo, I'll be in Las Vegas in less than a day and it's starting to sink in. I'll be crashing at the Bellagio for the weekend, a place I never stayed there before. I have dreams about player poker all the time now. And sometimes being in Vegas is like a mid afternoon dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment