Thursday, April 24, 2003

Library of Congress and Charlie's Goldfish

It's official... Charlie's Goldfish... is registered with the Library of Congress and I was issued a certificate from the Copyright Office with the registration number. It took seven months to file, but they finally got around to it! Next up: Jack Tripper Stole My Dog.

"This Certificate issued under the seal of the Copyright Office in accordance with Title 17, United States Code, attests that registration has been made for the work identified below (Charlie's Goldfish). This information on this certificate has been made a part of the Copyright Office records."

If you want to read Charlie's Goldfish you can now visit the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. and go look it up! I know the screenplay was not my best work and it got a luke-warm reaction from the critics, but I felt some sort of elation to know it was offically registered. That was first ever work registered and copyrighted, and it will not be my last!

A couple of months ago, I got a certificate from the Writer's Guild of America (WGA, the writers union) registering Charlie's Goldfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment