Friday, June 20, 2003

My doorman pulled me aside a few moments ago to ask me if I was OK. He told me that he'd noticed that I "looked troubled and very depressed" today and most of this past week This is a guy who has seen me at my best and my worst over the last few years. His astute observation was a shocking realization for me... I am unable to put up a front anymore. The gates to my Kingdom have been overun by an intrepid army of sorrow and despair. I still have a good fight in me, but it's true... my vulnerabilities have been exposed, I am tired, and my patience has grown thin. I have reached majestic mountain tops and I have also been face first in the gutter of hopelessness... where do I find myself wandering in the future? Away from the abyss... I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment