Saturday, September 13, 2003

Smoke and Ashes

I came across a cool blog that you should visit called Smoke and Ashes, run by a blogger named Sarah, originally from Nantucket. I e-mailed her my thoughts and asked about her blog title. This is what she wrote back:

Re: the name - it's actually kind of silly. I have a lot of friends that are "serious" bloggers - i.e., they write about important things and have loyal followings... I knew my site was going to be somewhat useless prattling about my day-to-day existence. I sometimes pontificate on random subjects or offer up my oh-so-unqualified opinions, but I didn't want to give anyone the impression that I'm any sort of authority - hence, Smoke and Ashes. (It's also why I deliberately chose the word "desultory" in "the desultory observations of Sarah McAuley").

I dig the title and the site looks great, definitely one of the best blogs I've seen. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment