Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Summer's End...

Did everyone have a lovely holiday weekend? The wet summer is finally over. It's been raining nonstop the last day and a half. And nothing is going to change. I spent the weekend writing, relaxing, and thinking about my fantasy football draft.

Upcoming Projects? I have several new projects ready to consume me in the next few months. Some of my attention will be focused on old projects like Truckin' and an untitled screenplay that I will finally complete (for the next Project Greenlight contest). How about that untitled novel? Yep. I hope to finish that fucker soon. In addition, there are several poker tournaments in the next few weeks and months, including the US Poker Championships this week at the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City and the Borgata Poker Open in three weeks. And lets's not forget the World Poker Finals at Foxwoods , CT... where I expect to win an Act Two and Act Three satellite and secure a spot in the finals. And yeah, most likely I'll return to Vegas for a couple of days to gamble on NFL football and play poker at the Excalibur, the Mirgae, and the Bellagio.

New Blogsites? A couple of my new projects will keep me busy and out of trouble. You have seen a little bit of the new blogsites (like the Tao of Poker). I will be launching new sites very soon and re-working my old ones. Stay tuned!

Ready for some Football? I also have a heavy investment in the NFL this year! Despite the NY Jets losing their starting QB to a bad wrist injury, I'll have plenty of other teams to root for. I am in several different pools (my own Pauly's Pub and I also joined others!). My brother and I joined Zobo's Survivor Pool which is a suicide pool. I pick one team a week, if they win, I get to pick again the next week. If I lose, I'm out of the pool!! In 2001, I entered a suicide pool and lost in the first week. I'm still pissed at the Minnesota Vikings! First place in Zobo's pool is: $760!! I also joined Gitler's football league called: The Lamont Jordon Fantasy Football League and the winner gets $2500! I teamed up with Senor and our team name is: Chronically Blunted. I'm the acting GM and the official team physician. Tonight we have the draft at 7PM at the Beema Grill in Penn Plaza. Should be fun and just like the real thing! Yes, I'm pumped for football season to begin! Besides I'm already expecting the NY Knicks to suck ass this year after they traded away Spree.

Of course I have four other football pools on Pauly's Pub (Grid Iron Fantasy, College Pick'em, and 2 Pigskin Pick'ems - speads & non-spreads). The season starts this Thursday, so sign up quickly!

NaNoWriMo? Jessica asked me if I was going to write another novel in November. As you all recall I penned Jack Tripper Stole My Dog in ten days last year. Will I write a sequel? Or will I just crank out 50,000 words of jibberish? Stay tuned!

Gov. Arnold? Rest assured I'll put my two cents in as the election day winds down. Arnold looks like a lock. I'll take any bet. Who wants action? For now all I have to say is: how come there are like 174 people running for Gov. of California and we only get three guys running for President every four years?

Music? Will the Phish go on tour after they release their new CD? If they do, you know I'll see a few shows! Let's not forget about Widespread Panic at MSG for Halloween... it's their last shows before they go on hiatus! Dark Star Orchestra comes through town a couple of times as well. And I'll return to Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel in Providence to visit Senor and see Galactic.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the cool weather, watching football with my brother and spending a lot of time by myself; writing & blogging, playing cards, and wandering around local museums. Stay tuned to the TAO for plenty of old tricks (11 Q's and Reader Mail) and some new ones! Let my favorite time of the year begin...

Snoodles, McG

P.S. Ben and J. Lo. are getting married in less than three weeks and I still have not yet gotten my invitation. Is this what I get for letting Ben beat me in poker?

"There are only two types of people who wear sunglasses indoors... blind people and assholes!" - Larry David

No comments:

Post a Comment