Sunday, November 23, 2003

Girtz Day at Dublin

Last night Girtz gathered a couple of his close friends for a celebration of his 30th year on Earth. It was a low-key, but intimate party at Dublin on Hudson Street in the West Village. Girtz described it as an Irish pub with "Cross-channel" food. I never drank at Dublin before, but I knew it was nearby the Whitehorse Tavern, a place I used to drink at many years ago. I got to see a lot of familiar faces that I had not seen in a long time, like Orange, Chris C., and Elite. Of course all of the original 1J cast and crew were present (Gil, Spider, Jimmy & Chris). And Lou "DLJ" Smith and Shemper made token appearances to round out the evening. Shemper and his fiancee came up from DC for the party. He told me that he reads the Tao all the time, but had never seen his name in print. Well, Shemper... so far in this blog, I got you three times!

One of the funniest quotes from the night was from Chris C.: "Life is like a movie... except it's a lot fucking slower."

No comments:

Post a Comment