Sunday, December 14, 2003

Flight to Vegas!!

I prefer flying Jetblue to Las Vegas because they have Direct TV service for the duration of the 5 plus hour long flight. I got lucky. On channel 23, they aired music concerts. I think they were trying to sell the DVD versions of the concerts by airing the actual concerts! I saw three... U2 from Ireland, Pearl Jam at Madison Square Garden in NYC (from this July), and the Allman Brothers Band Live at the Beacon Theatre. Ironically, I skipped the very shows that they filmed the DVD (late March) because I was in Las Vegas for March Madness!! It was great not to have to pay $70 to see the Allmans and it killed time in the air. The highligts included a kick ass Soulshine and Whipping Post. Greg Allman sounded great, the best he’s sounded in years. The Perl Jam concert was interesting. They’re an amazing live act. ben harper joined them for a few songs included Mother. The boys also performed a rocking cover of Baba O’Reilly.

The coolest things I saw on some of the other channels was a Greatful Dead video for Foolish Heart, on VH-1 Classics.

Anyway, I’m here and ready to play some Hold’em at the poker room at the Excalibur. I found out that tehre are daily tournaments at the Orleans and morning limit hold’em ($25 buy-in) at the Luxor and Mandalay Bay. Should be interesting!!! More to come.

A Las Vegas Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment