Monday, December 15, 2003

Vegas Poker Play... Day 2 Update

Day 1 (Saturday): + $5 (10 hours)
Day 2 (Sunday): - $50 (8 hours)
Total (2 days): - $45 in 18 hours

For a complete and detailed update, please visit the Tao of Poker. Here's a bit of what I blogged there.

I played for a solid 8 hours... On Sunday afternoon, they're weren't as many drunks playing. However, I found myself in a bad rut of cards. When I got strong hands, they got cracked and I lost to folks staying in until the river, and then catching a hand slightly better than mine... I went on a nice run, and within a half hour, I picked up a quick $100 in chips to go up $20.... I had an open ended straight flush. I got raised on the flop. I said "fuck it". No matter how much it was going to cost me... By the end of the fourth hour, midway through my session, I had broken even after I won pots with A-J and A-Q off suited... Then the last half of the session, I played like shit. I got no cards and slowly lost my stack.... By the end of the seventh hour of my eight hour session, I was tired and not pleased with my hands. As always, I lost too much because I played too many hands... It was almost 2 am, so I decided to call it a night. I won $5 on Saturday, and lost $50 on Sunday for a total loss of $45 through two playing sessions, or 18 hours worth of poker in Las Vegas... I played with a couple of women throughout the night. I also played against a couple of cowboys in town for the Rodeo stuff. They were drunk and playing a lot of hands.

A Las Vegas Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment