Thursday, January 01, 2004

Happy New Year!!


Greetings from Miami, the "city of lights" and all things crazy. There was not a better place for Phish to play this year. They took over the entire city for four days and busted out some of the best music I heard in a very long time. I sincerely had the best time and the most fun since 9.11... and after a long year... a very long year... filled with highs and lows, ups and downs, creative highs and personal lows... I found myself in Miami at the end of the year to reflect on the brevity of life and the absurdity of mental attachments that for years held me back from becoming my true self. I made new friendships and re-established old connections.... for a nice mix of shared enthusiasm and dire passions. For sure, Miami was a serious party town and no one throws a party like Phish. Some of my best New Year's Eves have been at Phish shows and last night was no different.

12.31.03 American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL
Set 1 (1:20): Wilson Reprise > Mike's Song > Hydrogen > Weekpaug Groove, MoMA Dance, Guyute, YEM, First Tube > Tube

Set 2 (1:05): Stash, Seven Below, Lawn Boy, Chalkdust > Slave > Chakdust

Set 3 (1:30): Jungle Boogie (with Marching Band) > Auld Lang Syne > Iron Man, Runaway Jim > Miami Jam > Simple, Reba, I Didn't Know > Feel My Heat > HYHU, Antelope
Encore: Frankenstien

No comments:

Post a Comment