Sunday, February 15, 2004

Thought of the Day

To improve my poker playing, I have been delving deep into Zen philosophy to hone my "in the moment" decision making. I have also been reading Sun Tzu's The Art of War to gain some better insight into ancient warfare and how I can apply that to my No Limit poker game. Here's a passage from Sun Tzu:
In all fighting, the direct method may be used for joining battle, but indirect methods will be needed in order to secure victory. In battle, there are not more than two methods of attack - the direct and the indirect; yet these two in combination give rise to an endless series of maneuvers. The direct and the indirect lead on to each other in turn. It is like moving in a circle - you never come to an end. Who can exhaust the possibilities of their combination?

No comments:

Post a Comment