Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Whew... What an Hour!

I took up HDouble's advice and played a No Limit $25 Ring game on Party Poker, where you buy-in for $25. And that was the best choice I made all day! Within one hour... I walked away up $57!! That's a nice hourly win rate... and logged out up $40 for the day! I got some ridiculous hands... which I'll blog the details later as well. One table was shorthanded... like 5 of us for a good fifteen minutes, so I left that table and joined one with 8 players... and that's when I caught a nice run of cards! I got A-A twice and K-K once...all inside a five minute span!!

Anyway, thanks again to HDouble for suggesting those soft games! Here's what he wrote last week on his site:
1. NL $50/$25 Ring: The true grinder's game, the lower limit ring games on Party are full of passive pre-flop players, who are happy to go in with top pair. In many games, you will find 7 or 8 people limping in for the minimum bet. In a no-limit game, this is the grinder's dream. Just sit and wait for the nuts or near nuts, push all your chips in, and double up when one or more players calls. The implied odds of multiway pots are through the roof if you can be pretty sure that you can get one caller to the showdown. Just think, you can play 25 hands for $1, and only have to flop a big hand (and get at least 1 caller) once to double up. Not a bad hourly rate. The downside is that this style of play is barely poker-- almost no strategy, and very little risk, but it will get you the money in the long run.
For the week, I'm up $100 or so... and I'm fixing to play more cards with Haley's friends tomorrow night... teaching some of her friends from her acting class how to play poker. Can you say, "Fresh fish?"

No comments:

Post a Comment