Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Writing at 6am: Another Kick Ass Session

I am on a good run this week, writing wise. I had another solid writing session this morning. My new found energy and routine has given me a little more confidence each day. Here's the deal. Do you recall those old ARMY commercials where they show you the average morning of a new recruit? Then they say, "We do more before 9am than everyone else does all day." I've been feeling like that. I adjusted my writing times from 2 or 3am to 6am. I try to crash early (Pauly going to bed early?) and get up at 5am every day. I pull a few tubes and drink a cup of green tea and then I attack the blank pages with everything I got. Two hours later... I emerge with enough writing for the day to satisfy myself... which definitely sets the tone for the remainder of my day. I feel great about myself because I accomplished something extremely important... within hours of waking. I have a little more energy, due to the nice creative high I get each morning, and am not worrying about trying find the time to write throughout the day. I can relax and focus on the now and live more in the moment. I realized that I have more time to work, play poker, socialize, and read.

I fell behind a bit on my writing schedule and caught up. I had a hectic weekend with being sick, and partying, and that little thing called March Madness, which had be glued to the TV all weekend. By the way, I fuckin' loathe CBS' coverage. They truly blow.

This morning's writing music was John Coltrane and a live show from the Village Vanguard in NYC, almost 43 friggin' years ago... 11.3.61. I really love the fuckin' guy. His orginal tune Naima is insane and I particularly enjoyed his cover of Greensleeves. Coltrane's gotten me all fired up this week! I have a few new ideas for upcoming projects. I'd rather have too many ideas and too little time, than too much time and zero ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment