Saturday, June 19, 2004

Big Pimpin' in Brooklyn

Phish 6.18.04, KeySpan Park, Brooklyn, NY

Set I: AC/DC Bag, Camel Walk, Crowd Control, Stash, Cars Trucks Buses, Carini, My Sweet One, Character Zero, Tweezer

Set II: Wilson, Down With Disease, 99 Problems**, Big Pimpin'**, Chalkdust Torture, Harry Hood, Taste

Encore: Bug > Tweezer Reprise

** with Jay-Z.

Some cool pics: Brooklyn Phish

Yes, Jay Z came out and played two songs. Hung out with Senor and Gil. I bought Bruce Cohen a bum ticket. It was fake. I traded one of my Saratoga extras with some chick and it turned out to be a bad ticket. The Joker drove his vehicle to the show. We got to Coney Island early afternoon to get a good spot in the parking lot. The Joker made $60 selling bloody Mary's before the show. Some cute blonde with a big black dog hung out next to us for an hour and sold ganja brownies. After the show, she walked by, and we stopped her. She had no clue who we were. I wish I had what she had. Senor and Gil finally arrived, and so did some of the Joker's friends from Texas, Kevin and Jessica. We found a cool spot close to the stage. I had not been that close up to Phish since Japan (on the floor... I was Page side all of Vegas and in Miami I had behind the stage and Page side kick ass seats, but there's something special about the high energy of the crowd right in front of the stage).

First set rocked. It was one of the best post hiatus. AC/DC Bag was perfect since Senor was there. He was having a blast. Camelwalk had high funk value. I called Molly during Cars Trucks Buses and Page went off on that one. I had my eye on Fishman the entire show, the band is named after him, after all right? Been focusing on him the entire run. I was pretty hammered the first set.

Second set was a lot of fun. I got hit in the head with a red glowstick during Harry Hood. I was on the phone with Molly when that happened. Joker made a comment to me that the boys were playing songs they really like.

Jay-Z was a shocker. He played two songs both high energy. Very cool.

I saw a single star in the sky. I was on the floor, about ten rows back, from the stage.

I made a small sign: Ask me any question.... $1.

I made $2.75. First guy asked me: Why are dogs flammable?

I am not shitting you. He asked. I answered and made $1. I made 25cents when some guy asked me, What 2+3 equals?. I nailed than answer.

Some cute chick was giving me a rough time in the lot after the show. Anyway, I got $1.50 off of her. She asked, What's the meaning of life? And then I got 50 bonus cents when I guessed her home state of Ohio. Don't ask.

I met Maggie again. I partied with her in Miami at the first Phish show on the NYE run. She inspired a short story called Maggie's Flight. I'm too wasted to find the link. Anyway, she gave me a huge hug and remembered my name. i should have told her about the story I wrote.

Highlights: Camel Walk, Carini, Tweezer in the first set and the Down with Disease and Hood was pretty solid.

Anyway, my thoughts are scattered. And I must crash before getting up to drive to Saratoga tomorrow. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment