Thursday, June 10, 2004

Today in Phishtory... June 10, 2000


Zepp Theatre, Tokyo, Japan 6.10.00 Posted by Hello

6.10.00 Zepp Theatre, Koto-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Set I: Down With Disease, Sample in a Jar, Piper, Lawn Boy, Guyute

Set II: Heavy Things, Sand, Sparkle, My Soul, Bathtub Gin, Twist, Albuquerque, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Loving Cup

Encore: The Inlaw Josie Wales, Limb By Limb

I was pretty excited. It was my first Japan Phish show. We got to the venue early, near the water, part of a huge entertainment complex. The largest ferris wheel in Japan was outside. I found myself eating Pizza Hut and meeting a couple of Canadians who were living over Asia teaching English. They met up in Tokyo to see the shows. The pizza was interesting. I never had corn and/or potato wedges on my pizza before. There was a meat topping, which I would classify as some sort of Spam-like substance.

At the shows, you gained entrance by the number on your ticket. I had a low number, one of the first 30 and wandered inside. I saved space for Senor and Beano. We were very close, about five people back from the front of the stage. We were hanging out with the guys from Horse. The theatre was very small, maybe 3,000 max capacity. First set was dark and trippy. I was shroomin and smoking hash the entire show. We wandered to the back of the floor space where there was more room to breathe and dance. During Limb by Limb a big disco ball was lowered. I was pumped for a Tokyo Loving Cup!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment