Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Undermind


The new and last Phish album

I spent the late morning and early afternoon writing. I have a shitload of petty errands to run. Days like this I wish I had an intern. Too bad I never got a few NYU summer interns. I could use one badly right now. Tons of shit to do. Runs to the post office. Laundry. Packing for my trip. Working on three different blogs! Ugh, ugh, ugh.

I'm trying to help Molly come up with a new name for her blog. It was called Garlic Bread. Even my brother came up with a pretty good name. I personally like: Mollification. Or how about Garlic Molly?

OK, so I got the new Phish CD in the mail the other day. It's OK. I heard about four or five songs live before (on previous tours). My favorites are a Page song... Army of One and Two Versions of Me. Is it weak the rest of the album? It's too early to tell. Let me listen to it on the road the next week or so, and I'll get back to you. The best part of the CD is a bonus DVD! A mini movie about Phish. Worth the purchase for sure. Anyway, I have been writing to the new CD all day. It's growing on me. But in the end, it's still no: Picture of Nectar. I think that might be the best Phish album of all time. I recall going to the hip record store in Atlanta with my buddies WIlkins and Pizza to get the brand new CD. Phish was in the store signing copies.

OK, I have to get back to writing. Some stuff needs to get done for the upcoming issue of Truckin'. I played poker last night with Signor Ferrari at the Blue Parrot. I wona few bucks and will post a write up to the Tao of Poker as soon as I can.

And I need to hop onto Party Poker later tonight and kick some ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment