Sunday, September 19, 2004

Dingos and 34th Place

Do dingos really eat babies? I wanted to find out. Alas, it was not meant to be. I am not going to Australia... yet. I finished in 34th place last night out of 73 other players in the $600 Aussie Million Satellite on Party Poker, with a prize pool of over $43,000. Top 3 places won seats/prize packages to the Australian Poker Championships, with some cash going through places 4-6. I pretty much folded everything last night (eveen folded AK twice!), and when I was shortstacked I moved all in with the Hilton Sisters and lost to AKs.

Thanks to everyone, bloggers and readers alike, who stopped by to root me on. You guys rock. I wish I could have made it a little more interesting for you. Next time for sure. If I could win a seat in the satellite for just an $11 investment, I'm sure I can get back for a second chance.

Due to time constraints, I will be unable to write a complete report this morning. Stay tuned, because tomorrow I'll post a recap of my week to the Tao of Poker, including a bunch of random tournaments I played online at Party Poker, including last night's satellite.

Thanks again!

Texas Bloggers

The Joker from Bathtub Gin called me up last night from the Austin City Limits Music Festival. Trey Anastasio Band was playing and he called during First Tube. His band also played Stash as well. Anyway, the Joker posted some great political commentary about the upcoming election. Lone Star Molly blogged a funny story about her shoes that's worth checking out.
Trey Anastaio Band Setlist, 9.18.04, Austin, TX
Set I: Curlews Call, Money Love & Change, Push On til the Day, Ooh Child, Alive Again, Mozambique, Night Speaks to a Woman

Set II: Mr.Completely > Stash (instrumental & unfinished, Drifting, Makes No Difference, Last Tube, Way I Feel

Encore: First Tube
Saturday Gambling

Only two of my horses won yesterday; Captain Corelli and Knight of Darkness. Two of my other horses came in second. I kicked ass in my college football pool. I thought I was going to win the week after going 9-1 and calling the Auburn upset over LSU. Alas, my brother had a perfect week, going 10-0.The Yankees saved face and tied the series with the Red Sox after a Saturday thumping. The Americans are getting their asses handed to them in the Ryder Cup. The Europeans are outplaying the Yanks in every aspect of the game. On the poker front, I had a great day on Party Poker despite coming in 34th place, almost wiping out my losses over the previous three days.

Yesterday's Writing Music Included...
1. Beastie Boys
2. Art Blakely
3. Widespread Panic
4. Jerry Garcia and David Grisman
5. Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment