Tuesday, May 24, 2005

No Sugar Tonight

I went to bed at 4am and I got up around 8:30am. I woke up and wrote for two hours. Now, I'm fixin to head over to Party Poker to play for a few hours. Last night, Julie asked me how many hours of poker do I play every week. When I actually figured it out (around 25) she said, "That's almost a full time job."

Funny she should say that. A year ago, I was playing 50+ hours a week (online + live cash games) so I guess you can say that was a full-time job. These days, I'm not playing for my main source of income. That's what all these freelance assignments are for.

As long as I'm not losing horribly, I'm enjoying the time and effort that I putting in to improve my game. Poker is not like a video game that can be beaten and you reach a point of Mastery where after a while it's not challenging anymore. Poker is a constant struggle and battle. And I dunno if the best players in the world ever get a sense that the "game is too easy." So many factors are involved like luck that make the game unbeatable somedays.

Anyway, last night I played in what might be my final home game in New York City, at the Blue Parrot of all places. I leave for Las Vegas in eight days. Wow. Eight days. I need a new cell phone and I have to pack, in addition to writing three or four more articles. Ouch. I will have no free time in the next few days.

Someone told me that the temperature in Las Vegas was 104 yesterday. Nice. Vegas in the summer. Briana was right. I need a Vegas wardrobe. I guess I really have to go (gulp) shopping. Shudder.

This Morning's Writing Music...
1. Wayne Shorter
2. Traffic
3. Widespread Panic
4. The Beatles
5. Eric Dolphy

No comments:

Post a Comment