Saturday, May 26, 2007

Dodger Stadium & Pic Dump

Nicky and I had tickets to the Dodgers-Cubs game. I had not been to Dodger Stadium in over a decade and Nicky couldn't recall the last time she was there. Her old man had season tickets when she was a kid and used to go a lot.

The traffic was super light for 6pm on a Friday in LA. We got from Hollyweird to Dodger Stadium in less than thirty minutes. The game was scheduled to start at 7:40 and we had a good hour to walk around the stadium, find our seats, and get dinner and beer. The beer was $10 for a large MGD. That sucked but I didn't have a choice. I destroyed a super Dodger Dog, garlic fries, and a pizza. They had a California Pizza Kitchen stand and for the price, it might have been the best deal at the ballpark. I got a mini BBQ chicken pizza for $9.25.

There were a lot of Cubs fans at the game which was good because I was rooting for the Cubbies. The couple next to us were also rooting for them along with a family of four a couple of rows in front of us. Things got ugly when two drunks sat down. One guy was a portly drunk Mexican guy in a Nomar Garcciaparra jersey. He kept screaming, "Booooooooooooo! The Cubs suck! Boooooooooooo!" And he directed his shouting and taunting at the family of Cubs fans in front of him. A black cop who looked like Robert Townsend came over and asked him to quiet down.

"That's racial profiling!" he said after the cop left.

He and his buddy left a half of an inning later and moved over a section.

Nicky asked me a ton of stupid questions abut basbeall. I was patient and answered all of them to the best of my ability.

The Dodgers took a 5-0 lead after a HR from Jeff Kent as the Dodgers. In the 7th inning, the Cubs made a run and scored 7 runs to take an 8-5 lead. The Dodgers put up 4 in the 8th to win the game 9-8.

Here are some pics that I took (click on pics to see an enlarged view):

























No comments:

Post a Comment